|Shyness is Nice (Psychology Today)
Spreading the word about the value of quiet, sensitive people.
We cover topics including shyness, social anxiety and introversion. We write about children and adults. In all cases, our focus is on greater understanding and acceptance of each person’s unique strengths.
|The Self-Compassion Project
“If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” – Jack Kornfield
Barb’s personal blog. Would love it if you’d join me on the journey to self-compassion.
About the AuthorsBarbara Markway, Ph.D., is a psychologist and author. Her work has been featured in numerous media outlets, including: the New York Times, Washington Post, Today Show, and Good Morning America. Her first book, Dying of Embarrassment, has been named one of the most scientifically valid self-help books in a study published in Professional Psychology, Research and Practice.
Greg Markway, Ph.D., is a psychologist and author. He has co-authored three self-help books with Barbara, as well as being featured on the Today Show and in Men's Health, Health, and many other popular publications. He has also been a featured presenter at conferences on social anxiety and selective mutism.
Follow Us Online
- One of my colleagues has a new book coming out tomorrow geared toward young adults who live on the autism... fb.me/1uFB5dImX 5 hours ago
- My colleague, @LynneSoraya, has a new book coming out tomorrow on living independently with autism. Check it out! amazon.com/Living-Indepen… 5 hours ago
- fb.me/2nMKikhue 6 hours ago
- RT @susancain: Emma Watson (@EmWatson), Introvert, Reveals to @ROOKIEmag Why She Loves Being a Wallflower ~ goo.gl/J15DF 14 hours ago
- RT@ethannichtern There is NOTHING wrong with being sad. 14 hours ago