|Shyness is Nice (Psychology Today)
Spreading the word about the value of quiet, sensitive people.
We cover topics including shyness, social anxiety and introversion. We write about children and adults. In all cases, our focus is on greater understanding and acceptance of each person’s unique strengths.
|The Self-Compassion Project
“If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” – Jack Kornfield
Barb’s personal blog. Would love it if you’d join me on the journey to self-compassion.
About the AuthorsBarbara Markway, Ph.D., is a psychologist and author. Her work has been featured in numerous media outlets, including: the New York Times, Washington Post, Today Show, and Good Morning America. Her first book, Dying of Embarrassment, has been named one of the most scientifically valid self-help books in a study published in Professional Psychology, Research and Practice.
Greg Markway, Ph.D., is a psychologist and author. He has co-authored three self-help books with Barbara, as well as being featured on the Today Show and in Men's Health, Health, and many other popular publications. He has also been a featured presenter at conferences on social anxiety and selective mutism.
Follow Us Online
- RT @SU_PainResearch: Study: Patients feel they must prove #chronicpain symptoms sbne.ws/r/h4ir 1 day ago
- Coping with chronic illness? The best advice ever. Really. psychologytoday.com/blog/living-th… #spoonie 1 day ago
- RT @FireCupidBook: Coping with Chronic Illness & Pain? The #1 Tip I've Found: Why me? Why do I have chronic pain and illness? Her... http:/… 1 day ago
- Coping with #chronicpain and #chronicillness? The most useful advice ever. psychologytoday.com/blog/living-th… 1 day ago
- New post is up. Hope it helps some folks.... fb.me/2uSs7MSSK 1 day ago