About the AuthorsBarbara Markway, Ph.D., is a psychologist and author. Her work has been featured in numerous media outlets, including: the New York Times, Washington Post, Today Show, and Good Morning America. Her first book, Dying of Embarrassment, has been named one of the most scientifically valid self-help books in a study published in Professional Psychology, Research and Practice.
Greg Markway, Ph.D., is a psychologist and author. He has co-authored three self-help books with Barbara, as well as being featured on the Today Show and in Men's Health, Health, and many other popular publications. He has also been a featured presenter at conferences on social anxiety and selective mutism.
Follow Us Online
- Coping with #chronicpain and #chronicillness? The most useful advice ever. psychologytoday.com/blog/living-th… 6 hours ago
- New post is up. Hope it helps some folks.... fb.me/2uSs7MSSK 6 hours ago
- Everything's already alright. fb.me/1aFTxkWEj 1 day ago
- In case you missed it, here's a piece with quotes and links to all the #selfcompassion interviews. psychologytoday.com/blog/living-th… 2 days ago
- The last Self-Compassion Saturday with a very special ending. What an amazing series this has been @JillSalahub... fb.me/PNyDIUcF 2 days ago
Category Archives: Support Groups
The notion of “connecting with community” can be daunting for people with social anxiety. That’s why it’s extra impressive how Marla Genova has not only started support groups for people with social anxiety disorder, but she’s built them to the … Continue reading →